Friday, February 01, 2008

...but I play one on tv

The last online comic strip that I praised here went and married off a couple of the main characters, and then closed up shop back before New Years. (Probably because they'd featured Captain Tightpants — but, really, they should have seen that coming.) Anyway, the sarcastic techno-geek stick figures in xkcd aren't likely to make that mistake.

The creators describe it as "A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language"...

...and, yeah, I suppose that spending a couple of decades (working or otherwise hanging around) at Hogwarts on the Charles probably has made it easier to get the jokes.

Maybe this kind of thing won't be funny to you unless you've actually spent time among people who are willing to flame about which text editor really is best1. But maybe it would. Or maybe you have. Or maybe you are.


[1] Emacs.

2 Comments:

At 01 February, 2008 16:33, Blogger Unknown said...

emacs is not a text editor, it's an operating system with an inferiority complex.

 
At 07 February, 2008 17:16, Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I can't believe it is the 21st century either. I am not famous yet. Damn that sucks.

I hate it when comics I love go away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home